Friday, August 10, 2012

Tandoor Indian Restaurant, Arlington, Texas

Tandoor is on Fielder Road just north of Randol Mill Road. I went here not expecting much. I wasn't really fond of trying lots of new things at the time but indian food soon grew on me.  I grew up eating spicy hot food on and off and currently I don't like tons of spicy hotness.  This doesn't look good for this restaurant eh?  Fortunately for them the food tastes so good I suffer through any heat they put into it.  The key for me at least is water and naan, really good bread.  If you like spicy hot then you may think I'm being a little whimpy. They are open regular business hours for lunch and dinner and I've been there for both.  There's plenty on the buffet for everyone's taste.

I would recommend the samosas, which we always get at least one order of, and the lamb vindaloo. I know it's spicy but at some point you stop caring that your tongue is going numb.  The chicken tikka masala is also a nice dish and less numbing.  Of course if you haven't been and have no clue what you would order I would suggest the lunch buffet. It doesn't have everything but it's a good selection.  In short though I can't think of anything they don't make well.

Peraonally I'm a rice guy, a white rice guy.  It's not that their rice is bad but basmati rice has a different flavor to it.  With the sauces they make you can't really tell so I guess it's not that important just know that this isn't your mamma's rice, unless you happen to have grown up eating indian food at home.

The atmosphere there is nice.  the darker colors are relaxing and you can watch them make the naan through a window so there's a little entertainlemt while you wait. That's not to say the service is slow, they do pretty well gettting the food out to you.

Parking is not an issue. It's in a shopping center although you wouldn't know it once you get inside.
Food is $10-$15 a person depending on what you get and drinks which are reasonably priced unlike many restaruants these days who want to treat your drink as if it were an appetizer. They have a nice little selection of sodas as well as indian drinks.

I have to say this is one of the nicer places to go in the area.

Location: 1200 N. Fielder, Ste 532, Arlington, TX

Website: http://tandoorrestaurant.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment