Wednesday, August 8, 2012

North Main BBQ, Euless, Texas

North Main BBQ is just where you would think it would be, just off the highway north on Main Street.  I went there expecting something pretty good, after all it's a BBQ place in Texas.  It's only open three days a week which I wish I could do.  No problem there. When I called them they told me the price for the buffet was fifteen dollars.  I went in expecting to pay tax on that but inistead it was exactly fifteen dollars after tax which makes their life easier.

The selection of meats was about what you would expect, ribs of course, brisket, and what was called bird.  I can only guess that the last on was chicken since the man behind the counter would not say one way or the other.  This white meat bird however was the best thing I ate there.  That's not to say the other food was bad.  The brisket was pretty good.  I don't know how on Earth or what judge they had to bribe to win a contest but the ribs were not that great.  They were what I would call ok. When it came to sides they were sorely lacking.  The only thing that could be called a veggie was the cole slaw, not even a green bean.  If you want bread there is sliced white bread out of a bag.  Dessert was soft serve ice cream and the machine either wasn't working quite right or something was wrong with the mix.  I couldn't bring myself to try it, it just looked wrong. On a positive note, drinks were included.

The inside of the restaurant was in decent condition, nothing major wrong with the tables or chairs and there was plenty of condiments and utinsels if needed.  Parking wasn't so good. the parking stalls were not wide enough and possibly not up to city code. They should check into that.

Unless it's someone's most favorite place to go and I'm in the group trying to figure out where to eat, I won't be going back.

Breakdown of my decision is as follows:
$30 for two people, a little pricy.
No good bread.
So-so meats, except for the white meat bird.
No veggies, and no I don't count cole slaw since I don't really like it.
Bad parking.

Better choices in the area:
Spring Creek BBQ, no I'm not paid for this.
Dickey's BBQ

For the price and quality these are much better.

Location: 406 N Main, Euless, TX
Hours: F-Sat 11-9, Sun 11-4

Website: http://www.northmainbbq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment